Monday, March 2, 2020

Filter

(Lyrics in colour are the official lyrics, lyrics in black are translations. Official English lyrics are italicized.)

너의 따분한 그 표정, 지루한 발끝
that uninterested expression, bored to your tiptoes
please look at me now
핸드폰은 내려놔 고개 돌릴 생각도 마
put down your phone, don’t even think of looking away
let me know your type
날 골라 쓰면 돼
go on, choose and use me


oh 너의 눈을 나의 손으로 포개 
oh, i cover your eyes with my hands
oh, 다가가 비밑에
oh, approaching something secret
널 데려갈게 완전히 새로운 세상에
i’ll take you to a whole new world
yeah 네 감은 눈을 떠봐 이제 go!
yeah, you can open those closed eyes of yours, now go!


팔레트 속 색을 섞어 pick your filter
mix the colours in the palette, pick your filter
어떤 나를 원해?
which me would you like?
너의 세상을 변화시킬 i’m your filter
the one that’ll transform your world, i’m your filter
네 맘에 씌워줘
affix me to your heart


okay- 어때 조금 느낌이 와? 아직 모자라? 
okay- how’s it going? is this still not enough?
yes- girl you have your chance
I can be your genie
how ‘bout aladdin?
뭐든 돼 줄게
it doesn’t matter, i’ll be anything
날 골라 쓰면 돼 yeah
go on, choose and use me yeah


oh, 네 꿈처럼 널 감싸 안을 거야
oh, like in your dreams, i’ll embrace you
oh, 은밀한 spec이야
oh, they’re secret specs
난 너를 위해 매일 새로울 거야 
for you, every day i’ll be something new
늘 똑같은 건 재미없잖아 
it’s no fun to stay always exactly the same 


팔레트 속 색을 섞어 pick your filter
mix the colours in the palette, pick your filter
어떤 나를 원해?
which me would you like?
너의 세상을 변화시킬 i’m your filter
the one that’ll transform your world, i’m your filter
네 맘에 씌워줘
affix me to your heart


불현듯 아이로 변한 날 봐
look at me, suddenly all childlike
볼수록 귀여워 마치도록 
the more you look, the cuter i get, to a crazy extent
취향도 기준도 뛰어넘어 
I surpass both preferences and standards
넌 오직 나만을 원하게 돼
you’ll end up only wanting me
yeah 날 만든 사람 바로 너니까
yeah, cause you’re the one who made me


넌 여태 네가 본 적 없는 brand new filter
I’m something you haven’t seen before, a brand new filter
내게 널 맡겨봐 
just leave yourself to me 
더 짜릿한 걸 볼 수 있게 pick your filter
to see something more exhilarating, pick your filter
나만을 담아봐 
give only me a try 


na na na na na na na na na
pick your filter 나만을 담아봐
pick your filter, give only me a try
na na na na na na na na
I’m your filter 내게 널 맡겨 봐
i’m your filter, just leave yourself to me


새로운 우리가 될 거야 
we’ll become a brand new us
ay 날 네 맘에 씌워줘
ay affix me to your heart

Translation Notes:

The first line, literally translated: "that uninterested expression of yours, your bored tiptoes".

"look at me, suddenly all childlike" is more directly, "look at me, suddenly changed into a child", but for me personally, this evokes images of baby!Jimin just sitting on the floor and I don't think that's what they were after with those lyrics haha.

"give only me a try" was a translation I decided on after being unsure of how to naturally translate 담아봐 dam-a-bwa (to try to contain, bottle, box, capture, accommodate something. To try to enclose something?? Do you see why I was having problems??) 

There are a lot of ways to translate the line "affix me to your heart". The word 씌우다 (ssui-ooh-da) has a lot of meanings, including "cover", "paste", "overlay", "lay", "put". Basically, the act of putting something on something else. Do with this information what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cosmos

  (Lyrics in colour are the official lyrics , lyrics in black are translations. Official English lyrics are italicized.) Yonghoon | Dongmy...