Thursday, November 11, 2021

Intro: Spaceship

 

(Lyrics in colour are the official lyrics, lyrics in black are translations. Official English lyrics are italicized.)

천체를 헤엄치는 이곳

Here, where boiling stars

뜨겁게 달군 항성

swim the cosmos

내 마음과는 정반대로 달려

I run in the opposite direction of my heart

얼어붙고 이어지는 stars

Stars, frozen and continuing on

우리의 line

our line


Spaceship 안에 모조리 담았어

All is contained inside this spaceship

모든 게 얼어 ice가 됐어

Everything is frozen, turned into ice

Counting counting 일 십 백만 육천

counting, counting, one, ten, a million, six thousand,

네 눈빛 같은 별에서 따왔어

lifted from a star resembling the glint of your eyes

Translation Note:

I've had to turn to ONEWE to satisfy my lyric translation needs this year, because man, this entire album is beautiful. (Okay, I did translate all these songs the week the album dropped, but we're not going to talk about how long it's taken me to add these songs to this blog.)

 Technically 천체 (cheonchae) translates directly to "celestial body". However, both in this song and the song Cosmos, I translate it as "cosmos" because Cosmos' Korean title is "천체" and I liked that translation by the group themselves, even if it's slightly more indirect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cosmos

  (Lyrics in colour are the official lyrics , lyrics in black are translations. Official English lyrics are italicized.) Yonghoon | Dongmy...